Most small businesses have low digital marketing budgets. But, don’t let that hold you back. It is not mandatory to have a massive budget to reap the benefits of digital marketing. The important thing is how you allocate your budget across channels. As per research, businesses that allocate 42% of their marketing budget to online marketing are expected to grow by more than 40% in the next couple of years.
In this blog post, we will tell you how to come up with online marketing strategies for small businesses. Given below are 6 digital marketing tips that work well for small and medium-sized businesses across industries. Ultimately, how you split your marketing funds will depend on the nature of your business, the competitive marketplace, and how your target audience behaves through the buying funnel.
- Get involved in Social Media– Every 3 out of 4 small and medium-sized businesses invest in social media marketing. Digital marketing strategies for small businesses stress on social media because it is a powerful branding and networking platform. If you are new to social media, the digital jargons can scare you off. It’s not as difficult as it looks. There are several online marketing tools and platforms like HootSuite or SproutSocial that can help you to come up with the perfect social media strategy for your business.
- Improve your on-site SEO- If you have your website, you can use it as a terrific marketing tool by optimising it for the search engines. By investing in SEO, it is possible to rank high on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). You can start by improving your on-site SEO. One way to do that is to make sure you sure the right keywords in your website. By using relevant keywords, you can reduce bounce rates, get more conversions and better search engine rankings.
- Work on your website content– Having authentic content on your website will put you in the good books of both search engines and users. Users flock to websites with rich content. You can use your website content to educate your users about your product. By publishing great, keyword-rich content, you can improve the SEO ranking of your website.
- Start Blogging– And, this brings us to our next point. Start with your business blog and post at least once a week. Since you know your industry inside out, you will know the best topics to blog about. With a little help for tools like Google Trends and Google Keyword Planner, you will be able to figure out which topics are trending currently, and how to insert the right keywords in each topic. Having an active blog will support your SEO initiative. That apart, blogging has several benefits like building brand awareness, credibility, and authority.
- Pay attention to analytics- With Analytics, you will be able to identify the channels that bring more traffic to your website. From analytics, you can derive weekly or monthly reports so that you are aware of which marketing strategies are working and how well are they performing. The idea is very simple: it is for you to identify the channels that are doing well and invest more in them than putting money into those that aren’t yielding any results. This way you can get the best out of your digital marketing budget.
- Invest in E-mail marketing– E-mail marketing is a very powerful tool. You can use e-mail marketing to up-sell to your existing customers or drive more traffic to the website but, for it to work, you must follow the rules. And, the 1st rule of a successful e-mail campaign is to write hard-hitting subject lines. 64% of email recipients open emails based on the subject line. Just keep them short and sweet to get maximum clicks.
Are you stuck with your digital marketing endeavours? Do you think having a small budget is restraining you? What if, that’s not the truth! Maybe you don’t need a bigger budget but a better strategist. Reach out to our digital marketing experts today!
We are IMZ Media Solutions. We are a digital marketing agency with 10 years of experience in digital marketing. Over the last 10 years, our clients have benefitted from our hard-hitting, ROI-centric approach. We know what works, and what does not when it comes to digital marketing. As digital marketers, we see ourselves as thought leaders, strategists and the go-to people for any digital marketing related enquiry.